You May Be Using Your Cleaning Products Wrong

It’s essential to maintain your home regularly to ensure that your family is healthy. However, before you start be sure that you’re using your cleaning supplies properly. Unintentional use of them may not provide the benefits you expected and may cause harm to your health. To ensure you get the most effective results, adhere to these suggestions and tricks for every type of product!

1. You May Be Using Disinfecting Wipes Wrong In MANY Ways

Disinfecting wipes can be effective in eradicating germs, but only if they are used properly. To be effective they must remain wet on surfaces that are hard for a minimum of four minutes. One wipe can only be able to cover about three square feet of cleaning agent to kill the virus. Utilizing one wipe to clean all of the counters in the bathroom won’t ensure your family’s safety. Additionally, surfaces that are heavily soiled must be cleaned first using water and soap. Also, if you use soap and water to clean surfaces that are food-related, like dishes or your children’s toys, they need to be cleaned using plain water following the cleaning to eliminate any remaining chemicals.

2. There Are Two Things To Watch Out For When Using Disinfectant Sprays

The first reason is that, like disinfectant wipes, sprays for disinfecting too require a certain “contact duration,” which varies by the product. For instance, the Lysol disinfectant spray’s label reads: “Pre-clean surface. Spray the surface until completely saturated. Let it sit for 2 minutes before wiping.” Another thing to keep in mind is that disinfectants aren’t suitable for use on unfinished, unoiled, or waxed wood surfaces. Be sure to read the label before you begin spraying. If you’re not sure you can test an unnoticed area to confirm.

3. Using Chlorine Bleach Wrong Can Generate Deadly Gasses

Chlorine bleach, with sodium hypochlorite in its list of ingredients, should be mixed with water in the proper proportions to get the best outcomes. It doesn’t matter if the bleach is a household known as Clorox or a brand that is house-owned and isn’t combined with vinegar, ammonia, or rubbing alcohol. hydrogen peroxide because the mixture could result in highly poisonous and possibly deadly gasses. Also, if you use bleach to disinfect an area, make sure to ensure that the room is well-ventilated. If you get dizzy or shaky take a break and get some fresh air as soon as possible.

4. Never Mix Distilled White Vinegar With Chlorine Bleach Or Hydrogen Peroxide

Many people opt for inexpensive, non-toxic white vinegar distilled from the bottle to wash the majority of their household however, it is best not to use it on grout that is not sealed and waxed surfaces, as well as granite countertops that are made from marble, granite or quartz as it can scratch them. Don’t mix vinegar with hydrogen peroxide or chlorine bleach as it may result in the formation of toxic chemicals that irritate the eyes and lungs.

5. Don’t Expose Hydrogen Peroxide To Heat, Light, And Air

Ever wondered why hydrogen peroxide is always found in dark, brown bottles? It’s because it breaks down into pure water and loses its magical power when exposed to light, heat, and air. If you’re not aware hydrogen peroxide could help to disinfect surfaces and clean your laundry and home in addition to assisting with small wounds and cuts. As we’ve mentioned previously don’t mix it with bleach or vinegar. bleach. Also, don’t use it on carpets or fabrics that are dark since it can harm them.

6. You May Be Spreading Bacteria With Your Toilet Brush

After you’ve cleaned your toilet bowl, you might spend no time putting the toilet brush that’s wet back in its holder. If this is the case, you’re doing a major error! By not allowing the brush to air dry sufficiently, you’re creating an environment for bacteria to breed in. Instead, spread it over the bowl and let it dry first. If you feel that the brush requires cleaning then soak it in a disinfectant, then wait for a few minutes, then wash it with water, then allow it to dry.

7. Stop Pouring Too Much Laundry Detergent Into Your Washer

If a tiny amount of laundry detergent does the trick the rest of the more will be better and more quickly. Right? However, that’s not the way it operates. The use of too much detergent is not just a waste of money but also leaves an unctuous residue on your fabrics that traps more dirt and odor-causing bacteria. When next time you begin the washing process make sure to review the instructions and apply the recommended amount or maybe a bit less. You’ll be as fresh!

8. Let The Oven Cool Completely Before You Start Cleaning It

It’s not obvious that oven cleaners are among the most dangerous substances in your home. Oven cleaners containing sodium hydroxide, or even lye can be extremely toxic to organic materials and may cause death when inhaled. Keep them out of children’s access. If you are planning to use them switch your oven off, and allow it to cool completely. So, the fumes will not grow worse The cleaner won’t splash, and, most importantly, you’ll avoid burning yourself! Be sure to allow the cleaner enough time to work. If you are waiting for up to two hours the cleaning work will be much simpler.

9. Don’t Clean Your Windows On A Nice Sunny Day

When cleaning mirrors or windows make sure you begin starting from the top. This will stop drips from contaminating areas you’ve cleaned. If you decide to use a brand-name window cleaner such as Windex Glass and Window Cleaner or your homemade solution, make use of paper towels or old newspaper instead of using lint-producing material and paper towels to clean the window clean. Also, remember to clean your windows on a rainy day and not on a beautiful sunny day. This will ensure that the cleaner won’t dry out quickly or leave new marks.

10. Read Cleaner Instructions First, Then Clean The Floor

What kind of cleaner do you employ to clean your flooring? Do you use a specific floor cleaner such as Bona Hardwood Floor or an all-purpose cleaner such as Pine-Sol Multi-Surface Cleaner? Maybe you’ll pick the cleaner you have in your cabinet. Labels are crucial to be aware of before beginning cleaning. Does the cleaner suit the flooring you are using? Do you need to mix it with water or poured straight from the bottle? What do the guidelines regarding use suggest? Making the right choice of caution is much better than later regretting the huge hole that was created in the ground. What would you suggest?

Add Comment